The Battling Buzzards LHG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T5 Chutes

2 posters

Go down

T5 Chutes Empty T5 Chutes

Post by darrenbond Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi guy, just in case any of you were in the market for a T5 ill thought ill drop in some links to some people doing repros on the market today.

www.vintageparachutes.co

I would say that vintage parachutes do the best on the market, the price does match the standard of the chute.. but well worth every penny. But be ware they are a state side company so shiping could cost you. If your interseted just drop him an email asking for a info pack, all price range and option listed eg colour of harrness and sizes etc. From what the info pack states they try and use as much real bits as possiable.

http://www.militaryhistoryworkshop.co.uk

Here is one other company, i dont know anyone whose got one of these chutes but from the website they looking pretty dam good, and being a British company the shipping should be less. Like vintage parachute they offer a range in harrness colours and i think they are also handmade so personally sizing it could be an option worth asking for. And all for a small cost of £725 :s

http://www.motion-picture-props.com/

Here is the other option, Motion picture props... their chutes are in my opinion arent as good as the other two, and being £125 more then the workshops chutes, i think the chose should be the top two any day of the week. The other option would be a Band of Brother T5 if you can find one, they are the cheaper chose and for display and putting on a manakin just as good. Coming about half price of one of MPP chutes more realistic in money spending.

Hope this helps,

Darren
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

T5 Chutes Empty Re: T5 Chutes

Post by samharris45 Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:21 am

I Darron thanks for the post mate. I have to agree I have seen a chute from Vintage Parachutes up close and personal and you definately get what you pay for. However looking at the Military History Workshop ones it did put me in a differant mind. Like you say they are cheaper, it's a British company so pastage is better and the ictures look to me very good.

I have been wanting to buy one of the Military History Workshop ones but am a little reluctant as it's allot of money to spend should the T5 not be up to scrach! Has anyone seen one or is it worth posting on the WWII forum for further opinions and advice?

Sam

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by darrenbond Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:39 pm

Hi Sam,

I totally agree...i have also been waiting one for ages, and if they are ok then would be well worth getting them instead of going state side. The only thing i am a bit unsure about is the reserve. I think if i was planning to spend that kind of money, i would wait and get a Vintage Parachute one knowing that they were the dog's bollocks. but thats just a personal choice.

But well worth seeing if anyone has one, and maybe get some close up pictures, i dont use the ww2 forum... any chance you could post a message on it?

cheers mate
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:43 am

I don't mind posting up but I am reluctant cus of some of the characters on the WW2 forum.

Bez I know is pally with Glen so prehaps a PM to him first may be a solution?

I'm gonna dig through old posts and see what I can find as well

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by darrenbond Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:25 pm

Ok thats cool, if you get any joy from the forum keep us posted. I dont mind sending Glen a quick message to see if he has any thoughts on it
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:09 am

darrenbond wrote:Ok thats cool, if you get any joy from the forum keep us posted. I dont mind sending Glen a quick message to see if he has any thoughts on it

yer ok well send Glen a message and I will search around

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum