The Battling Buzzards LHG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st Pattern Griswold bags.

3 posters

Go down

1st Pattern Griswold bags. Empty 1st Pattern Griswold bags.

Post by Cpl Bez Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi All,

The reason a 2nd Pattern Griswold was made was because the fastenings on the 1st Pattern were poor and the bag had a tendency to rip open on a jump and throw the rifle out, but the 517th were issued these on Bulk ready for their drop into Southern France. They were handed over to their riggers who added 3 straps with lift the dot snaps on to securely fasten the bags shut and the problem was solved. To buy reproduction 1st pattern Griswolds would be easy, but like most things with this unit, the Rigger modifications make it a difficult item to source.

WWII Impressions in the states currently do spot on reproductions of the 1st Pattern Griswold for $160 which is just over £100 at the current exchange but should hopefully in a few months drop down below a tonne. They have said that they WILL be willing to make the "517th Modification" to these bags as it would in theory be very simple. It would mean a $10-15 increase in price which in really is nothing.

These items realistically ARE NOT an essential, a few in the group (Me and Jon are definates for these) will be enough for Pre-jump photos or displays but i'm putting it out there now for interest? If we are going to get these made it's going to involve a lot of work both sides of the pond and the last thing i want is getting a few made and shipped and then someone deciding they want one. I am ready to send an E-mail out to WWII Impressions to confirm pricing and the desired number, so let me know ASAP if you want one.

Regards, Bez
Cpl Bez
Cpl Bez

Back to top Go down

1st Pattern Griswold bags. Empty Re: 1st Pattern Griswold bags.

Post by darrenbond Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:13 pm

I WOULD BE UP FOR ONE, I HAVE A WAR TIME SECOND PATTERN ONE WHICH I KEEP MY M1 IN, BUT THE ZIP IS BROKEN. SO A 1ST PATTERN WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE.. SO WILL THE ORDERS BE PLACED WHEN THE EXHANGE RATE IS LOWER?
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:36 am

I want one mate!

Been after one for a while but we may as well go all out and get one if others are buying. He may do a discount if we order enough. He did a discount in the past for AIM when I ordered the M43 Rigger pockets.

Sam

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpl Bez Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:55 am

Hi Darren,

I have E-mail Juan enquiring about placing an order when the exchange rate is a bit better, but it's going to get worse first to we may have to ride it out for the moment, i will keep all posted though.

Sam, he seems like a decent bloke in that regard and was certainly very keen on the idea of modifying the bags. 4 guys wanting one is a good number, anymore and we're laughin'! Very Happy

Cheers for your replies guys.

REegards, Bez
Cpl Bez
Cpl Bez

Back to top Go down

Post by darrenbond Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:19 am

coo cool bez,

dont want to be seen taking the piss but do you think he would sale me parts to fix my war time one, ie a second pattern zip, para clip & parachute webbing?

darren
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpl Bez Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:36 am

Hi Darren,

He probably would but the 517th didnt use 2nd Pattern Griswold bags. 2nd Pattern griswolds are only really good for other units of the 1st ABTF and for Normandy.

Regards, Bez
Cpl Bez
Cpl Bez

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Cheers for the reply Bez

Well in the long run like you said these arn't essencial and we don't need them this year at least so I think we can ride this one out with regards to the exchange rate

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpl Bez Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:35 am

Hi All,

Right, have had a reply from Juan at WWII Impressions and i have the crack regarding 1st Pattern Griswolds. They will make the mods to the Griswolds for an extra $25 per case, which will make them $185 a piece. At the moment that makes them just over £126 each from our perspective BUT if we had ordered them maybe even just a year ago they would have been less than £100 each, so its probably a good idea to ride it out for a while, let things get worse before they get better and see if our exchange rate ever actually gets any better (Providing our shitty Government don't destroy the sterling) and perhaps make an order in the latter part of the year or perhaps even next year. As it stands they are not completely essential.

Regards, Bez
Cpl Bez
Cpl Bez

Back to top Go down

Post by darrenbond Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:37 am

i totally agree, hang fire on them till the pound is better.. and fingers crossed we can get a better price.
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:11 am

Thanks Bez for the update. I agree with you on this one

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum