The Battling Buzzards LHG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything in living history we want/need to avoid!!!!!

3 posters

Go down

Everything in living history we want/need to avoid!!!!! Empty Everything in living history we want/need to avoid!!!!!

Post by Shorty Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:26 pm

http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=47784&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Because I've got sod all else to do tonight I was browsing the WW2 forum and found this little gem of a thread. Bez will know the bloke who is asking for the M3 mags, it's the tour guide from Littlecote.

For those who haven't seen him he turned up to do this tour for a group of Americans visiting some of the major 506th locations in Britain and Europe as part of the Stephen Ambrose tours. Now part of this tour group was meant to contain the legendary Forrest Guth of E. Co. 2/506th fame. Bruce, the tour guide is in poorly fitting Class As with more bling than either puff diddly or 50 pence. And he just looked like a sack of shit to boot!

Just thought I needed to post this as this is the mentality of some so-called reenactors. Obviously doesn't give a shit about getting it right, just wants to pimp it up to look good!

So on that note, fuck being accurate, I'm going to where my camo'd 42's all the time regardless of time period and carry an M16 coz they're the bollocks!!

Only kidding, or am I................................................ Twisted Evil
Shorty
Shorty
Admin

https://battlingbuzzards.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Everything in living history we want/need to avoid!!!!! Empty Re: Everything in living history we want/need to avoid!!!!!

Post by Cpl Bez Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:19 pm

Yeah, whats more about Bruce whilst we're bitching is the fact that despite him conducting a tour, when asked what the other regiments in the 101st were, he didn't know............emphasises the fact that he wants to be someone he's seen on TV.

But Shorty has a point, and that is that there is no point to doing an impression if you aint gonna do it right. And people like that frustrate the hell out of me, just don't listen.

Regardsm, Bez
Cpl Bez
Cpl Bez

Back to top Go down

Everything in living history we want/need to avoid!!!!! Empty Re: Everything in living history we want/need to avoid!!!!!

Post by Shorty Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:56 am

Also didn't like his 'theory' that Col sink needed drugs to get him going first thing in the morning!!

It's a shame because he is a nice bloke but I think he epitomizes everything wrong with groups like the Screaming Eagles and Yanks.

I'm just glad we all know that that is not the way to go about this hobby if your doing it for the right reasons.
Shorty
Shorty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:38 am

Oh dear oh dear.......

Reading that thread I think peoples comments are fair. I was shcked when he put yer I know it's wrong but I'm gonna do it anyway! I

It's the attitude of guys like him that puts bad guys in the hobby. We all follow pics cus we where not there so go with what the pics say and you can't go wrong!

If it's one thing I have learnt if your willing to buy the books and spend a little money on good kit you can't really fuck things up!

Sam

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by Shorty Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:40 am

samharris45 wrote:Oh dear oh dear.......

Reading that thread I think peoples comments are fair. I was shcked when he put yer I know it's wrong but I'm gonna do it anyway! I

It's the attitude of guys like him that puts bad guys in the hobby. We all follow pics cus we where not there so go with what the pics say and you can't go wrong!

If it's one thing I have learnt if your willing to buy the books and spend a little money on good kit you can't really fuck things up!

Sam

Too right mate, Bruce is nice bloke but a complete tool when it comes to this hobby!

Even if you only ever buy a De Trez book you won't go far wrong, unless you all get those Thompson chest rigs made that are shown in American Warriors!!! Shocked
Shorty
Shorty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:46 am

Yes that's true, but if that was the only thing he did wrong it wouldn't be hard to correct it.

At least it gives us something to chat aboute ha ha

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by Shorty Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:47 am

I plan to set up a rouges gallery in the off topic, with all the farb photos I can find! Watch this space....
Shorty
Shorty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:50 am

Shorty wrote:I plan to set up a rouges gallery in the off topic, with all the farb photos I can find! Watch this space....

Oh that's ace idea. I'm looking foward to seeing that lol.

Just visit Screaming Eagles or The Yanks website for planty of bad pics......

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum