The Battling Buzzards LHG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My new purchase

3 posters

Go down

My new purchase Empty My new purchase

Post by samharris45 Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:06 pm

Thought I would post some pics of my new purchase.......

My new purchase Getatt10

My new purchase Getatt11

My new purchase Getatt12

My new purchase Hyybgu10

My new purchase Jjl10

My new purchase Jk10

My new purchase Khkj10

My new purchase Vdfrdt10

So what do you think?

Sam

samharris45

Back to top Go down

My new purchase Empty Re: My new purchase

Post by darrenbond Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:49 pm

yeah mate dam hot, where did you get it from... i so need one of these in my life lol..
the only thing i be on the look out for would be new bunjes for the reserve. The one on it look a little to modern. think i have seen some on ebay from time to time and on here /www.paratrooper.fr this site has been up dated and i cant find anything on it now but try were on here..What do others think?

Darren
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

Post by darrenbond Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:03 pm

Just had a thought...

See the link below for real 517th chutes, including bunjes... not the 17 marked on the chutes, guess this most have been a unit thing, any thoughts???

http://dogface45.skyrock.com/24.html
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:46 am

You know your not the only guy who has said that about the reserve! I have a guy who said he has some to sell so i will get them replaced.

I got it from Belly for £400, couldn't resist that bargain! It was aparently from the guy who did the BOB chutes, but i don't know.

Wow that link is good! I think it's a unit thing personally however I don't know!

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by samharris45 Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:49 am

Just noticed on that link if you click on the previous page the Thompson in it's rigger bag also has a 17 on it?

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by darrenbond Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:24 am

yeah i seen that, think i have seen it stamped on the main chute as well...interseting, maybe they ran out of number 5 stencils lol

The only thing i noticed was the reserve, but if you getting a new one thats cool, if the guy you mentioned had any spare i would also be interseted as well.
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cpl Bez Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:15 am

The reason 517th stuff was stamped up with a 17 was because they were originally part of the 17th Airborne Division. All of their Chutes, Griswolds, and Jump equipment was used during training in the states when part of the 17th Airborne and all of this stuff was used for Dragoon too and maintained by the Regiment. If you look at the pictures of Parachute training the regiment conducted in the states you can see that even back then they were using the Rigger Modified 1st Pattern Griswolds for their rifles which they carried forward to use in Southern France. At this stage the unit can be seen wearing M42s which the 17th Airborne SSI on.
Cpl Bez
Cpl Bez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum