The Battling Buzzards LHG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

South Of France trip

2 posters

Go down

South Of France trip Empty South Of France trip

Post by darrenbond Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:06 am

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone still looks on the forum any more, but a group trip to the South of France is being organised by Glen Mallen, i have put my name down for it. Just wondered if any of you guys ma fancy it. Details below.

Would be worth thinking about doing next year as a group if its not a option this year.

Hi guys,

Although a few of us have discussed this already, can I please have ASAP some (DEFINITE) names of people who would like to go to Southern France this August?

The proposed schedule is:

12th of August/AM of 13th of August (depending on how we travel)
Out to France

13th of August
12 AM: Arrival @ Le Muy (Sport Stadium for Bivouac) Canvas but Bathroom inside the stadium
03 PM: (Around) Departure for the walk - from the DZ's to Valbourges, including night march probably
12 PM: Night at Valbourges

14th of August
Breakfast provided in the vineyards by 44 Memories (coffee, bread)
Depature either Trans en Provence, La Motte (has to be confirmed)
12 AM Lunch
04 PM Arrival @ Le Muy meeting the paratroopers (Rborn team, C47 jump)
06 PM Arrival on the main place: Aperitif, dinner and dance
12 PM Night @ Le Muy stadium

15Th Of August
09 AM Sainte Maxime parade Or le Muy for official ceremony
12 AM Lunch @ Ste Maxime
18 PM Le MUY
12 PM Night @ Le Muy Stadium

16th Of August
09 AM Ceremony @ Draguignan military cemetary
10 AM Parade in Draguignan
12 AM Parade in Le Muy with lunch
Lunch in Trans en Provence
05 PM Draguignan Party

17th Of August
Return to UK

I have no costs for this event - the camping is 10 euros or something, everything else is purely travel costs (either by flying or by (car?)train - driving all the way down isn't really a senseible option, but it could be done if no other option).

You will need to be in 517th or 551st guise for this event (or 550th GIR) - for which you'll need an unreinforced M42 jumpsuit (which will be spray painted), along with equipment (also sprayed). You can get away with Buckle Boots and lots of other "weirdness", but we can discuss uniform regs at a later date.

Please let me know ASAP if you've definite for this commemorative trip so I can let the French organisers know.

Cheers,
Glen.
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

South Of France trip Empty Re: South Of France trip

Post by samharris45 Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:24 am

Not for me unfortunatly, Aug is a busy month and I need to save my pennies!

Looks a good trip however. Sounds like you will be having fun

Sam

samharris45

Back to top Go down

Post by darrenbond Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:14 am

Hi Sam,

Good to see that you still check th page put... Been ages sense anything has happened thought people may have forgoten about it lol.

I didnt go to Normandy so this is me making up for it lol, should be a good one. One to get sorted for next year i think... cant be having the only UK 517th group miss out on a trip like this.

Hows tricks with you mates? done many events, did the great central railway event a couple of weekends back kitted on spreyed gear and 42s. Got some nice feed back, and some funny looks.
darrenbond
darrenbond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum